Internet Detox - The World in a Clam Shell.


Internet Detox. Is it possible?
 Back in the day, it was so easy to just write a letter or pick up a rotary telephone and dial a neighbor a friend perhaps even my mother on the telephone. However, today we have the internet... (duh duh duhhh).

Now Telephones and Television are pretty much obsolete with the coming of cell phones and Android phones, tablets and computers that combine the two. Making communication a lot easier. To get through to someone else one simply can message them or email or text and once what you would have to wait for you don't. The wait doesn't matter nor the time for that matter. Because it will take a matter of seconds to get through to whomever you want to communicate with.

   Now in an instant you can know the answer to your questions with little or no physical research performed. No library visit...(former information highway). The Internet has all the answers to everything. Moreover, your questions and all the other Possible questions on your search topic, that you perhaps would have thought of are Anticipated AND Answered and If there were no answers, you'd automatically get referred to a place that CAN give the answer.

    modern technology.
   Due to an overlapse, I became four months past due from paying my bill which ultimately caused my internet to be turned off. The ordeal lasted for a lengthy 4 days. During which time I suffered a great deal in business and friendly relations. However, It was peaceful which was a blessing. I got to spend more time with my family. Children and grandchildren included.

   I actually listened to their questions and since we didn't have cable in the first place we actually used Netflix and SlingTV to view our favorite shows on television. So when the internet went off we were without TV for the entire four days. We really had a chance to sit down and actually hear questions that were being asked.
 
   What is internet detox? Its forcibly going without the conveniences of the internet.  A perfect 'anti-toxin', (so to speak). Some people have tried it... For longer periods... However, I couldn't wait any longer then 4 days. It was a long enough period of time. But time well spent!

    I remembered writing instead of typing or entering as we do it on a cell phone. I was writing notes down and when it came to video I did reports About a video saved on my phone. The point is I had to REALLY work.
 
Presently I am uploading video to YouTube and I glad that the use of the internets conveniences are back at the 'click of a button'. These moments with and without internet are precious. The family got a chance to be together. Actually be together. Actually hear each other because we realize to prioritize whats in front of our eyes. The World in a Clam shell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warrior VS Worrier

Is There Time To Change Your Career ?

I Am Lindadz89- My All Time Faves!