Is There Time To Change Your Career ?


      Is There Time To Change Your Career?

The last couple of years have overwhelmed the majority of us out there. Between the social distancing, periodic covid-19 test and being fully vaxed, it's beginning to be apparent that some careers are now obsolete while others appear to haven't been affected in any way. They've managed to stay in business and keep afloat throughout this difficult time. 
You might have asked yourself, " Why did I choose this career?" If you have not been able to return to work by now. You probably even thought out loud "I should have chose a different career...is it too late to begin some new adventure?" 

Well, I think that it would depend upon three major things. Three factors if you will. 

1. How do you feel about changes? 

2. How fast you can adapt to change? 

3. What you are willing to do and How much time and effort are you willing to put in?
( to insure that you successfully transfer from one Career to another. )

I know, I know...number 3 was a mouth full but a necessary component. 

Some people are not willing to begin again. They think that they already have spent time thinking about all that they've previously accomplished in the past, too much time. So much time that they forget that their lives hav only just begun. They need to realize that there is so much more that can be accomplished. 

If you're in the middle of a career change and are unsure or undecided on your next steps...and if you have a couple of dollars to spare. You can tap into your creative side and become a shoe designer.

There is a place that can help you with that and get you started in a new career as a shoe designer. The platform helps aspiring creative artists take those next steps into a literal new career!

Because of internet and the advancement of technology the tech is easy to apply. However, the selection process may be crucial. Meaning that It may not be that easy to qualify for approval. In that case, your design may not get accepted.
However, it's worth a shot and If you do get accepted, it could mean the beginning of an absolutely positive experience but
first things first! 

Speaking of tech, by now, you should have developed a pretty decent social media following and should have had enough practice utilizing social media to be able to manage your account effectively.
It also helps to have a background on being creative and experience in digital creation and experience in design expression simply by creating and sharing original posts on your social media profile.
If you think that it doesn't matter where your inspiration is coming from, you may be surprised that it csn come from anywhere or where it could be hiding.
Be ready to bring it out!

Are You Ready To Bring It Out!

Once you've begun, you'll have an opportunity to be as creative as you're ability and budget  takes you. 
Beginning a new career...whether it's a telemarketer, nurse or shoe designer could help you to release your potential as a fashion designer of a new brand of shoes. 

Here's Another Part To My Story...About Me
     
Okay, now let tell My story.
I was born in Montreal Quebec, Canada. I lived in Los Angeles, California for 40 years now I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. 
I know, I know... I kinda get around. 
But anyway... While in Los Angeles, I developed a love for the Fine Arts, Music & Entertainment.
I thought I was gonna be a star.
 Well, it was my dream.

Of course as time would eventually prove, that wasn't happening. I grew up, had a family and in order to provide for them, I got a decent job with a living wage as a Special Education Assistant. That was all good and well for a little while.
Then as time proved once again I discovered that I had a 3.5 mm brain meningioma, ( benign brain tumor) which was subsequently removed. As a result of the surgery I began to  have frequent grand mal seizures. Then for the next six years from 2006 all the way up to 2012 I suffered loss after loss. 
Suddenly, the seizures stopped. The exact date of my final seizure was on July 4th, 2012. 
I haven't had another one since.
... I know, I know... Independence Day! Good news Right?

Wrong... now there came the Problems... I becsme unemployable because of the six year gap of the time unable to work because of those seizures that I had in the past. Every thing was looking dismal and I thought that all was lost. 

Being the outgoing person that I am, I decided to create a Twitter account. While tweeting about the things I loved the most, (Unheard Recording Artists), I received a direct message from a Mr. Randy Morano, CEO of Exposed Vocals. He offered me a job writing music reviews! I was really excited about that. Because after listening to new music as a
 favorite activity, writing essays was my second most favorite thing to do. 
I was given the task of writing reviews on Rap Artists, (since he didn't have anyone that could "Feel" Rap music at the time.).
Anyway, I worked with him for two years before I decided to branch off for myself. 
I quickly lost interest while on my own endeavor. It didn't seem to have enough energy and flow of traffic or "jobs" to do compared to what I had while working with a company that already had a constant prospect list. 
That was the beginning of what seemed like an endless dead-end cycle in search of making a living online. 
Nonetheless, the term "The Struggle Is Real!" Was made just as real for me as having to walk up to strangers to get them to let me write music review on their music during that time. But that didn't stop me. 
I'm Still here... So a year ago I started a  journey into a career as a shoe design. The end...
Or is it the beginning? See my point?

After Pandemic Blues

The covid pandemic hit and almost everyone
Pretty much was sent home from work... for a time.
When the time came to open back up it seems like nothing is the same. 
Everyone has changed in some type of way. Some probably even feel like they are no longer are a necessary part of the equation. 
What could they do at this point? 

It's not the the first to the finish line that always wins the race. 
Sometimes it's the one that takes their time to perfect their course completely that truly wins. 

Are all of your bases covered?
 If so, Great!

So what do you do when you think that you're out of options?

You Get Creative!
 
"...Use your brain. Find something to do. 
Don't go through life with nothing to do. 
Don't waste it, (your life). 'Cause if you do you're through. That's it, end of story and the end if you..." -Linda Dawkins

 ...Or so many would think, and others would hope! 
You Can Prove Them Wrong!!!

It's Never too late to change, adjust to change or make changes. Whether necessary or unnecessary. It's Never too late to adjust your course.

I'm living proof of that.

I have made so many changes just to adjust to living. My most recent change is a major career shift. 
I went from working as a Teacher, to writing music reviews, to Designing shoes. 
Yep... designing shoes... 
Never in my wildest dreams would I have considered the fact that I would be designing shoes, professionally, at this stage in my life.

 I'm a 54 year old mother of four and grandmother of 7 for goodness sakes! 

Why would I switch to designing footware? 

Well, for one... there's always a demand for shoes. 
Creative or stylish, versatile or comfortable. People are always going to need shoes... they will always want Nice shoes. Not just Any shoe either. Design is important. One of a kind is EXCELLENT. Mass production of a one of a kind shie is SUPERB! 

Now how about opportunities for growing potential? 
There's always room for growth for sure.
Furthermore, having something useful and constructive to do that's in demand? 
What more could one ask for besides the strength to press forward and to be successful in their task?

Moreover, the moral support that I received from all angles, whether it was the perspective opinions from my family or the initial approval of my work gave me the courage to keep pressing forward with my designs. 
It will do the same for you. 
...and the blogging, I will Not be taking breaks but I'll never stop doing this because It's mostly just for fun! 

So in the thought of change the decision to change my career became as clear as can be. I had to rediscover my true passion!
Now here comes the Best part! 
It's not over yet. 
The following are some tips that I currently use and have used while working out the processes of change. 

15 Questions to Ask Yourself to Discover Your True Passions

If you’re lucky, you’ve already discovered many of your passions and get to spend
much of your time enjoying things that bring you excitement and joy. However,
maybe you’ve not yet connected with activities, skills, and interests that ignite your
passion.
It takes time, soul-searching, and some life experience to identify your true passions.
These prompts are written to tap into your wants, needs, desires, and fantasies. Have
fun with them and discover what you can add to your life that will fill it with delight.

1.What’s the one thing I’ve always wanted to do? 
Consider what would need to
happen in order for you to carry through with this long-sought wish. Make a
plan and get started.

2.If I could spend today doing whatever I desire, what would it be? 
Let your
mind go. It could be something related to your work, your home, or simply a
lark.

3.Where do I really want to live? What city and what type of residence?
Perhaps you’re already fulfilling this passion and you do live in your true first
choice. If not, ponder the possibilities of moving to a place you’ll love.

4.Where would I like to visit? 
Perhaps you’re harboring a secret yearning to visit
Washington, D. C. or Westminster Abbey in London. The streets of Hong Kong
may be calling your name or even the Grand Canyon. Can you make it happen? 

5.What do I talk about doing but never do it? 
In a conversation, you might state
something like, “For the last 10 years, I’ve really wanted to take a cruise to the
Caribbean.”

6.What are the reasons I don’t go after my dreams?
Explore within yourself why
you haven’t pursued the life you want. Can you do something differently to help
bring your dreams to life?

7.How will I finish the sentence, “More than anything, before I die, I want to
___________?” 
Say it out loud and fill in the blank. Then, figure out a way to
accomplish your wish.
8.What are the things in my life that I would like to get rid of? 
If you’re
discovering you don’t love everything about your life, maybe it’s time to do
some “housecleaning.” Make a list of the ways you’d like your life to change.
9.Which people in my life inspire me and why? It’s important to know who inspires
you so you can spend more time with them. What is it about them that lights you
up so much? Decide to take every step to be inspired more often.

10.If I were to make just one radical change in my life right now to make life
better, what would it be? 
Your answer to this question will really open up your
possibilities. Moving to a bigger city might really spice up your life. Getting
more education might be a goal—plus you’ll likely make more money.
You’ll be happier if you chase your dreams. Make 1 change.

11.How do I feel when I put all my effort into accomplishing one of my goals?
Notice these feelings. You’ll no doubt want to experience them more often.

12.How do I feel whenever I achieve a life goal? Awesome, probably.

13.What’s missing from my life? Answering this question requires considerable
soul-searching.

14.Who are my biggest supporters? 
It’s wise to know the people that will stand
behind you and help you pursue your passions, no matter what.

15.Who gets in the way of me achieving my goals? 
In order to find your true
passions, you might be required to disengage from those who wish to
counteract your efforts.

If you take the time to thoroughly ponder each of these questions, you’ll be pleased with
what you discover. 
Your true passions are inside you, just waiting to be let loose to
bring you excitement, joy, and fulfillment.

Written by Linda Dawkins Blogger and Creator of EMLIFATI Brand Footware made in Italy
Fashion Shoe Designer @AliveShoes
@WWCFAM @ThatsLoveForYou 
 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warrior VS Worrier

I Am Lindadz89- My All Time Faves!