There's A Scorpion In The Bathroom


I'm about to write a story about what happened last night😱... Oh don't you worry.  It's not a scary story, well,  I think it was at the time.

Ok,  it's quite the opposite. It's a funny story about what happens when some people don't have sufficient knowledge about their environment,  (pertaining to insects and other tiny,  scary looking,  mostly harmless critters.  In this case,  a tiny scorpion).

The story is also about how quickly a simple situation can become complicated with very little effort on behalf of the subject.

Let me take you back a few hours before the incident occurred. Which was late last night just before midnight. 
I was just finished watching the Supernatural series on Netflix. A series about two brothers who hunt supernatural forces fighting demons and monsters. It's  a really exciting fictional television show,  but I tell you,  the storyline can have you going on a trip you wouldn't believe. I mean,  suddenly,  normal things that regularly happen to people,  will become questionable and you mind can "sometimes" play tricks on you,  or so they say. So after watching a television series that excites ones imagination and to get some perspective on how tiny is tiny...  Well here.
This tiny scorpion was a little over an inch or around 18cm in length. Here a little known fact about scorpions and Lashes Vegas. 
1. There are 23 speices of scorpion that are native to the Last Vegas Valley. 
2. The Arizona Bark Scorpion is not a native but their population is in the 1000's and they arrived to the Las Vegas Valley on imported palm trees. 
3. There are 3 types of common scorpion to look for in the Last Vegas Valley.  A.  The bark scorpion- the most venomous scorpion in North America.
                    Arizona Bark Scorpion

                     The Emperor Scorpion

                      The Desert Scorpion

 B.  The emperor scorpion-painful pinch,  they're quick to the defense but have poor eyesight and

C.The desert hairy scorpion-relatively harmless,  sometimes kept as pets,  can live up to 20years and will sting when provoked. 

Anyway,  I was on a streak.  I have been watching all of the episodes from Season 1 Episode 1 to Season 13... AGAIN! I'm on my seventh go around). Just arrived to Season 6 Episode 17.

Ending that episode at 11:48 pm. I turned out the light and got on my smartphone to post my Good Night evening posts to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Then played a little bit of Genies and Gems. 

Everything was peaceful when suddenly,  I heard a scream.  "Linda!!!  There's a scorpion in the bathroom! " 

It was a friend of the family,  Terra.  She had come over at around 11pm and needed to use the bathroom. I was like; "Kill it! "

She exclaimed in a loud voice , "How,  I've gotta use the bathroom and there's a scorpion on the wall! "

I said,  "Use your shoe! "
She said,  "It's not big enough,  come and see this. "

I said,  "Take a picture of it. "  she says,  "Ok,  cause you gotta see this! "

Then I was like, "Just kill the darn thing! "

For about 20 minutes,  Back and forth we went.  Me not budging,  (not because I was scared,  mind you I was,  but because,  I wasn't the one to have the close encounter with this critter and her screaming at the top of her lungs because of a common phobia we both share. What an experience.


Finally, 27 minutes later,  when I Still haven't gotten up to see,  I tapped my husband Michael to go  kill this invader. He says,  "Go kill it. " I say I can't... It's too big... Still haven't seen it. 
He says,  "Get that empty ice-cream bucket to trap it,  then put the top on it. 

By this time Terra was at her maximum holding time and was about to explode, still screaming,  probably because of both,  the tiny scorpion and having to use the bathroom. 

Michael finally gets up,  goes to the bathroom... (I Still haven't gotten up). I hear Terra say,  "wait a minute,  I gotta film this. "


Well,  we didn't get the chance to because Michael smashed it then flushed it down the toilet.  Nevertheless,  it was a frightful event that turned out quite well.  No one was stung and the bathroom was ready for use after 45minutes excitement without watching Netflix. We kind of had our own supernatural event. We were too grown up to admit that we were too surprised to see a one of these critters even though it's not unusual for them to be here.  Just not in my apartment. 

The End. 

By Linda Dawkins



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Warrior VS Worrier

Is There Time To Change Your Career ?

I Am Lindadz89- My All Time Faves!